DSI is committed to finding exceptional employees who are willing to go above and beyond for our seniors and bring motivation and talent to our growing organization.
Dorchester Seniors Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Full Time In Home Care Aide
We are currently looking for a Full Time In Home Care Aide, to work with senior citizens in the Dorchester County area. Preferably the ideal candidate would have consistent experience working within a community setting (Assisted Living, Nursing Home) but not required. Benefits include Health Insurance, SC Retirement, holiday, vacation, and sick leave based on the number of hours worked.
- Assisting clients based on the designated plan of care to include but not limited to: Housekeeping, Laundry, Meal Preparation, Shopping
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds with duties including: bending, twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, use of fingers, hands and limbs on a routine basis
- Capability to tolerate reasonable heat and cold changes in client homes, house pets, smoking and/or odors
- Report accidents/injuries to client or self to management
- Ability to attend in-services and training sessions
- Maintain accurate progress notes and duty sheets related to services/care provided to client
- Record mileage accurately to and from location on designated forms
- Maintain assigned schedule; follow call in procedures, reporting time of arrival and departure from the clients home
- Excellent communication skills required
- Proficient in writing and math for record keeping and documentation
- Experience working with seniors/elderly preferred but not required
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
- Full Time position (40hrs a week)
- Monday–Friday8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Benefits: Health Insurance,SC Retirement, holiday, vacation, and sick leave
Fill out an in-person application at:
Faith Sellers Senior Center 312 N. Laurel St. Summerville, SC 29483
Dorchester Seniors, Inc. prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.20 /hour